There are a lot of ways you can go about improving your home. some people like to start with the interiors and work their way through the house to the garden and beyond. Others like to start with the shell, the outside of the house and that’s where the phrase ‘curb appeal’ comes into play. You want your house to look great from the street outside.
Have you ever walked past a house and had a moment’s pause to admire the roses? How about the shutters on the windows that perfectly frame a beautifully decorated Christmas tree? That right there is your own appreciation of other people’s curb appeal. But how do you get that for yourself? If you are planning to sell your home, or at least upgrade it, you want others to appreciate your efforts and marvel at the house you’ve worked so hard on. First impressions matter and by taking a few of these amazing tips into consideration, you could make a fantastic one.
- The front door: The first thing people see when they get to the doorbell is the front door. Peeling paint, broken letter boxes or a door covered in mud is not one that looks inviting and warm. If your home is a neutral colour on the outside, how about a blast of bright paint on the door? A bright colour makes your door stand out and look fantastic at the same time.
- Solar lights: Installing outdoor lighting in a low-voltage makes an impact on the curb appeal of your house. By adding accent lighting to your flower bushes and trees, you’ve illuminated the gardening you’ve done and lit up the path for guests. Plus, it looks beautiful – and that’s what counts.
- Nature: Adding a little greenery around the front porch doesn’t do any harm to the curb appeal of the house. You may have flower beds up the pathway toward the door, but some impressive large potted plants or rosebushes in pots would look beautiful too. Keep them tended to though, as dead plants don’t invite guests in!
- Shutters: Install shutters on your downstairs and upstairs windows on the exterior of the house in a colour that compliments the walls. There is always an option to call in professionals such as milliondollarmakeovers.net.au to help you redo the entire house from top to bottom if you need the house to be fixed up fast.
- Outdoor art: Fountains draw the eye from passers-by and you could give your front yard a little glitz by adding some freestanding art alongside it. The bubbling sounds from the fountain can sound soothing to those going past, enticing them to look at the house.
Curb appeal isn’t something that most think of when they want to renovate their home. They start with kitchens and living rooms to make the house look great. By starting from the outside of the house, you create the warm and inviting place you dreamed of having. Beauty comes from within; but a pretty exterior never hurt!