Attractions in US Virgin Islands abound in the three major islands of the region. The topography, climate and culture of the zone attract thousands of tourists from all over the world.
The capital of St. John, Cruz Bay is a gift from God. The place displays unparalleled beauty of nature. More than half of the island is covered by a national park. This national park is known as Trunk Bay. Here, you are offered the chance to snorkel and swim at the globally popular aquatic kingdom. The area lends a welcoming experience to enjoy the maximum while surrounded by nature.
A Brief Itinerary to and from Trunk Bay
- If you are travelling from Thomas Bay, you should first take a cab to East End. This is the beginning of your journey and is embedded with scenic beauty. From East End, a ferry is going to carry you to Cruz Bay.
- The national park on Cruz Bay renders a divine experience to tourists. A safari bus gives you a tour of the park where you can take a look at the Danish sugar plantation of historic importance. It is situated at Annaberg. This trip is scheduled to take place before lunch.
- After lunch is over, the safari bus is going to take you to Trunk Bay where the marine trail gives you enough space for snorkeling and swimming.
- At the end of the trip, you are taken to a place for buying souvenirs. Then you can board a ferry that brings you back to East End.
Interesting Facts of the Trip
The most enjoyable facts of the trip that covers one of the attractions in Virgin Islands are as follows.
- If you want, your hotel can provide both pickup and drop. In that case, you don’t have to go through the ordeal of arranging a cab. Sometimes, your pickup and drop has a guide, who explains about the culture of the island on the way. If you leave a little early, he or she might also introduce you to the various species of local plants on the way to East End.
- You can board a ride on a ferry from East End that takes you to Cruz Bay. The return trip also encompasses a ferry ride to the starting point of East End. While on your ride, experience the pristine grace of the Caribbean Sea.
- The safari bus that provides you a tour of Trunk Bay consists of a well trained guide who is aware of every nook and corner of the area. Ask him or her anything and a ready answer is gifted back to you. If you want, you can check the authenticity of the answers from Internet. You get the opportunity to experience the trip in an open-air bus.
- Once, you reach Trunk Bay, you are provided with the required instruction and equipment to successfully snorkel at the underwater trail.
- The lunch you enjoy just after your tour of the sugar plantation, is a picnic lunch filled with delicacies of the Virgin Islands.