Are you are on a detoxification path and doing every bit to make the process a smooth one?
If you have checked into an inpatient facility of a rapid detox center, everything will be taken care of. However, when you are on your own and living at your home, you need to pay attention to few other things. Eating nutritious food is one of them. Foods with detoxifying properties are perfect to consume during detox. Savor the taste and reap the benefits of their inherent detoxifying properties. Let us examine a few of them:
- Avocado: Due to its high content in fiber and antioxidants, avocado is always counted as a prime detox food. It also lowers cholesterol level, dilates blood vessels and is known to block toxicity that destroys our arteries.
- Beet: Now you know why it is the quintessential item on your salad plate. Beets are essential in helping you with the free radicals making them anti-cancer. They possess natural plant chemicals and minerals which help in fighting infection, aid blood purification and detoxify the liver.
- Garlic: This ubiquitous kitchen ingredient has more to it than just offering a taste to your palate. Since ages, garlic is known for its magnificent medicinal value and is a top source as a detox food. It not only strengthens the immune system but also lowers blood pressure and counter sugar level. So, when you are on a detox program, garlic definitely facilitates the process by boosting your immunity.
- Lemon: Lemons often find a mention among detox food and is the easiest to consume. Just add a few drops of lemon juice on a glass of water and drink. It is a ready reckoner to flush out a considerable amount of your toxins. It also helps in the assimilation of food and digestion.
- Cabbage: The rich presence of anti-cancer and antioxidant compounds in cabbage makes it a preferred food for detoxification. Cabbage cleans, soothes and pacifies the digestive track of a person. It also helps the liver produce enzymes that come handy in the detoxification process.
- Cranberries: Apart from being a tasty food item, cranberries could also be a source for detox. Its powerful antibiotic and antiviral substances clean the urinary track of any harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Almonds: They can be a very good source for all your fiber, calcium, magnesium, and protein requirement in the body. Almonds can be very helpful in removing impurities from the bowel and regulating blood sugar level.
So, whether you are on rapid detox programs or trying to go sober on your own, the role of nutritious food cannot be overlooked. Good food ensures that your body gets the required nutrients while at the same time flush out toxins from the physiology.